1. Assistant professor, Cotton University (Since 01.03.16)
2. Assistant professor, North Eastern Hill University (01.04.09.to 28.02.16)
1. Ph.D. awarded: 01
2. Registered Ph.D scholars:02
Research Project (Completed)
Co Principal Investigator
Title of the Project
Cost and benefit of protection in Kaziranga National Park: A Case Study
Adaptation to climate change: A case study of flood prone areas in Assam
Environment and quality of life
Postdoc initiation grant on renewable energy
No Data Available!
Research paper publications
1. Mahanta, R. and D. Das. 2017. Flood induced vulnerability to poverty: Evidence from Brahmaputra valley, Assam, India, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 24: 451-461
2. Das, D. 2017. Park People and biodiversity conservation in Kaziranga National Park, India, Space and Culture- India, 5(1):36-48
3. Das, D. K. Goswami and A. Hazarika. 2017. Who adopts biogas in rural India? Evidence from a nationwide survey, International Journal of Rural Management,13.(1):1-19
4. Das, D. and Hussain, I., 2016. Does tourism affect economic welfare? Evidence from Kaziranga National Park, India, Journal of Ecotourism, 15(3): 241-260
5. Das, D. and Mahanta, R. 2015. Vulnerability to Poverty: A Survey, Journal of Business Strategies
6. Das, D. 2014. Damage by Wildlife Around Protected: An Empirical Investigation around Kaziranga National Park, Environment Conservation Journal, Vol:15(1), 77-82
7. Mahanta, R.and Das, D. 2013. Attitudes Towards Biodiversity Conservation of Forests Dwellers and Encroachers: A Case Study of Assam in Northeast India, Small-Scale Forestry, 307-319
8. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2012. Environmental Degradation and Migration: A Case Study of Assam, Journal of Human Ecology, 38(3), 223-203
9. Das, D., Borbora, S., Dutta, M.K. 2012. Living Environment and Quality of Life: a Case Study. International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics,71-84
10. Das, D., S. Borbora, Dutta, M.K. 2011. Satisfaction from Quality of Life in Urban Living Environment. South Asian Journal of Socio-Political Studies, XI(2),62-65
11. Das, D. Quality of Life: A Case Study of Guwahati, Social Indicators Research, 2008, 88: 297-310
12. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2013. Willingness to Spend Labour Hour for Biodiversity Conservation: A Case Study with Special Reference to Village Forest Dwellers and Encroachers in Assam, Journal of Biodiversity, 4(1),45-51
13. Das, D. 2013. Is Solar Electrification a Sustainable Solution for Rural Electrification? Learning from Field Experience, 2 (5), 1-9, Indian Journal of Energy
14. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2013. Measuring Forest Dependence and Perception Towards Biodiversity Conservation-A Study of Households in Village Forest and Encroached Villages of Assam, Journal of Social Review, Vol:1(1), 1-12
15. Das, D. 2011. Municipal Solid Waste Management in Guwahati: A Case Study, Review of Research, 1(2), 1-4.
16. Das, D. and Mahanta, R. 2007. Willingness to Pay for Solid Waste Management: A Case Study of Guwahati”, Urban Policy, April, 2 (1)
17. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2006. Aspects of Sustainability and role of Institutions: A Case Study of Assam, Assam Economic Journal, XIX
18. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2005. Urban Environment and Waste Management in Dibrugarh city, Assam, Assam Economic Journal, Vol. XVIII Non referred publication
19. Das, D. 2015. Conflict or Conservation: A Road map for management of Kaziranga National Park. Sam Houston State University Working Paper, No. 15-02.
20. Das, D. 2013. Understanding Net Metering System as an Incentive to Promote Rooftop Solar Photovoltaics. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2278034.
21. Bhattacharyya, A. And D. Das. 2016. What Makes Rural Households Use Traditional Fuel? Empirical Evidence from India. Available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2753230
Book publication relating subject/research concerned
1. Das, D. and Mahanta, R. 2013. Forest Resource Use and Biodiversity Conservation, Lap Lambart Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN: 9783659388729
2. Das, D.2012. Quality of Life in Urban Area: An Environmental Perspective, Lap Lambart Academic Publishing, Germany, ISBN: 9783847315537
Chapters/Articles publications in Books (Research Oriented)
1. Hussain, I. and Das, D. 2014. Sustainable Livelihood in Rural Areas: The Study of Ecotourism Activities in Kaziranga National Park in Sustainability: Ecology, Economy and Ethics, McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
2. Das, D. 2014. Rural Electrification through Solar Energy: Issues and Challenges, in M. Das edited Economy of North East India: Issues and Dimension. Laxmi Publication, New Delhi.
3. Das, D. andMahanta, R. 2012. Role of Infrastructure in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Assam, in R.P.Rudra edited Inclusive Financial Infrastructure, Bloomberg, Germany
4. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2011. Scope of Sustainable Livelihood in Assam: An Indicator Based Approach, in the proceeding volume of 2nd international conference on sustainability 09-11 November, Indian Institute of Management- Shillong, India
5. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2008. Fiscal Situation in Arunachal Pradesh: Performance and Corrective Efforts in M. Sharma edited Economy of Arunachal Pradesh. DVS Publisher.
6. Mahanta, R. and Das, D. 2008. Regional Economic Co-operation between India and ASEAN: Trade Opportunities of Northeast Region, National Conference, in C. R. Lyngdoh& M. Rani (Eds) Look East Policy: Impact on North East India (Akansha Publishing House)
7. Das, D. and Das, K. 2005. Sustainability in the Northeastern Region: The Relevance of the Concept of Ecolocalism, Conference Volume- “Environ, 2005”, National Seminar Organized by Rangia College, Assam
Book publication other than subject concerned
No Data Available!
No Data Available!
Awards and Distinctions:
1.Raman Fellowship, University Grant Commission to pursue postdoctoral research in the U.S.A.2013-14
2.Second Best Paper Presented in SUSCON International conference, IIM-Shillong, 2011
1.Invited speaker , SIPRD, Khanapara, 2018
2. Invited speaker ISI, Tezpur, 2018
3. Resource person, National Seminar, Nagarbera College, 2016
4. Invited speaker, Labour Institute, Shillong, 2011